CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 428/ as subject

Posted by Graeme Murray
on 2000-03-31 17:59:56 UTC
Hi ,
I wonder if any kind folk with a digital camera will be taking some
intersting
photos of all that interesting gear at NAMES and popping it on a page
somewhere
so guys like us around the other side of the world (New Zealand) could have
a browse
also. I would certainly like to go to something like that but we dont have
Starship Scottie's
"beam me up device yet" Now there is a project for someone!!
I am interested in the possibility of cnc-ing a small mill I have just
bought , it is an
English made Alexander, I believe a copy of the Deckel , only 10" by 6"
travel but
built like a tank. I have one ballscrew (saved years ago from an aircraft)
so the
inspiration is there . I am watching all the angles of attack and am rather
interested
in the Vector CAM program so am keen to hear from anyone using it .
I have Rhino as my 3D modeller (still learning to drive it ) but very
impressed with the
work on the Rhino gallery .
Thanks everyone for the great info and attitude on this group.
Graeme