CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 428/ as subject

Posted by Paul Devey
on 2000-03-31 21:22:15 UTC
Fred,

Will you post pictures/results on your web site?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Smith [SMTP:imserv@...]
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 6:55 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 428/ as subject

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com, wanliker@a... wrote:
> Guys when receiving the digest form, please note that if you > We
have 489 Members as of today.

> Anyone going to NAMES, I hope so meet all that do.
> bill

I bet we break 500 by NAMES. Saturday April 29, 2000

I also hope to meet many from here at Names.

IMService is supposed to have a CNC display setup for the special
CNC showcase. I've been rounding up stuff to show for that "Gee
Whiz" effect & right now we have been promised the following in time
for NAMES:

1) A prototype Bench top, Gantry style mill/router 3.25 in x 12 in x
12 in , rack and pinion drive, and maybe up to 200 ipm rapids(we're
still fighting over resolution and speed, sound familiar?).

2) Lowcost font engraving/carving software for Vector. 3D carve any
tru-type font, using v bits(tapered endmills), or make font
centerline tool paths with a flat end e/m. Designed to carve square
corners by pulling the v-tip up and out of the material.

3) Vector IGES 3D-surfacing w/zigzag, waterline, and Rest milling

4) Fully parametric Cad program with animation,ACIS based, 2D to 3D
solid creation, parametric dimensions, geometry, 2D and 3D, all
integrated and capable of IGES, SAT, VRML, DXF, STL, etc files.
Stretch an arc in the front view, it changes in the side view, hit
regen & the Solid Model is also updated. Dimensions also auto
update. All the standard solid stuff, booleans, slice, extrude,
loft, rotation, piping, and Nurb spline surfaces. Plot mathmatical
functions, kinematical animations(gears, cams, levers, wheels), also
parametric Assembly and BOM development.

I'd be tickled to have any one of these, all 4 are coming from
different development groups(who all again promised on-time delivery
as of this week), and I already have one in hand. We expect that you
will see a new level of capability for the Home Shop CNC.

Best Regards and see you at NAMES,

Fred Smith
IMService

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!