CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: JR Kerr's 3A servo boards

Posted by Ron Ginger
on 2000-04-01 18:31:51 UTC
> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:04:53 -0700
> From: "Charles VanLeeuwen" <cavlon@...>
>Subject: Re: JR Kerr's 3A servo boards

>This is not that new. I got some of them several years ago and did some
>prototype stuff with them. You do need to be a C programmer to do much
>beyond just testing. They seem to work fine. I have run several different
>things with them.

Not quite- look again. They have released a new version of the pic-servo
chip with CMC- a coordinated motion control. This allows up to 32 of the
boards to run a coordinated motion, with sync on each 1/60th of a
second.

They also have a very nice looking CNC program posted to drive them that
is open source. This may be the best thing to come along since EMC-- and
runs on Windows!

The CNC program is C, but they also have a VB sample program.

I have loaded and printed the docs, and hope to get some time later
tonight to read them more carefully, but so far it looks like a real
nice way to get into servo systems fairly cheap.

ron

Discussion Thread

Ron Ginger 2000-04-01 18:31:51 UTC Re: JR Kerr's 3A servo boards