CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Link emulator

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 2000-04-02 11:13:08 UTC
Thanks guys for the info.
I already have AutoCad.
I am looking for a linkage simulator package. One of the prime ones is Working Model. I bought that program when they had a
special on it many many years ago for $295. Recently they wanted to charge me several thousand for an upgrade.... That is why
I am looking for reasonable alternatives.

Jon suggested Altaire software and they have recently dropped the price form $995 to $195 so I will give them a call tomorrow
about a real demo. I downloaded the demo on their site and it was terrible. It dumped a ton of files on my hard disk without
warning and then the step through demo did not work properly either but the program looks good (just a badly put together demo).

Bertho
Jon wrote:

Ah, just remembered the name of the company, Saltire Software.
That and Alta Vista ought to connect you.
Jon

wanliker@... wrote:

> TurboCad has a 2D drafting program that is available free at there site,
> documentation is a bit sparse, but if you download there manual for there 3D
> V6 program there is a lot there that applies. http://www.turbocad.com, go to
> 2d central.
>
> Also uyou can get Intellicad2000 for free it is an AutoCad clone, and is also
> free. there is also a 480 page manual that you can download, a very powerful
> program but a stiff learning curve, uses autocad v14 or higher commands.
> Go to: <A HREF="http://www.cadopia.com/">CADopia.com: The IntelliCAD 2000
> source for CAD users.</A>, http://www.cadopia.com/

Discussion Thread

Bertho Boman 2000-04-02 09:43:53 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Link emulator Jon Anderson 2000-04-02 10:02:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Link emulator Jon Anderson 2000-04-02 10:04:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Link emulator Doug Fortune 2000-04-02 10:59:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Link emulator Bertho Boman 2000-04-02 11:13:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]Link emulator