CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish: list of successful software/hardware combinations

Doug Fortune wrote:

> I would like to see a list of successful software/hardware
> combinations,
> complete with an (optional but desirable) email contact for each one.
>
> I'll put a web page together if enough people email me their
> combinations.

I have an Atlas 10" manual lathe, but will eventually convert to CNC.
I'm still looking
for another small ballscrew for the cross slide.

I have a 1941 Bridgeport mill, converted from M head to J head, with 3
axis CNC.
I am using servos and shaft encoders to control it, using my own servo
amps.
CNC control is with EMC under (Real Time) Red Hat Linux 5.2.

I also have one of the 4 x 6" Chinese bandsaws, a Roper-Whitney 5-ton
foot-operated
punch press, and a 3' finger brake.

I also have a complete PC board facility, with a homemade laser
photoplotter,
a film resist laminator, and a spray etcher. I drill the boards on the
CNC mill, with
an air-bearing drill spindle clamped to the side of the mill's quill.
I have pictures of some of this on these pages :
http://ascc.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/Machining.html
Look under CNC for the pages of interest.

I use Bobcad/CAM Ver. 16.1 to create complex designs for the CNC, and
also have a bunch of my own programs that generate simple operations
more easily.
You can see (and download some of) these at
http://ascc.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/gcode.html

You can email me at jmelson@...

Jon Elson 2000-04-03 21:20:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish: list of successful software/hardware combinations