CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: D&M / Lab-Volt CNC machines

on 2003-11-13 19:16:52 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "gone2ddogs" <jross@w...>
wrote:
> My girlfriend was at a local school district office and noticed
they
> had a stack of Lab equipment including some small CNC machines.
> Since she knows how I collect machine tools she managed to pickup
the
> whole lot for $100.00. Now I am the proud owner of a D&M 5 CNC
lathe
> (Looks like a Unimat conversion), a Lab-Volt/D&M 3s CNC lathe and a
> Lab-Volt/D&M 4s CNC Mill (both Sherline conversions). The school
> district told her due to their license agreement they could not
sell
> or give away any of the software that went with the machines. So
now
> I have three cool little CNC machines but no software or
> documentation. My first thought is to run EMC since my import mill
> drill conversion is already running EMC. The machines have a TTL
> connection in the back so I'm not sure if there is a way to
interface
> the PC running EMC directly to the machine or if I should tear into
> the existing stepper drivers and either make a parallel interface
or
> replace them with newer drivers. I've been searching the web but
have
> been unable to find any documentation on these. Is anyone familiar
> with these machines?
>
> John Ross

Contact the school and see if they are planning on retiring the
liscenses. maybe you can buy the right to them from the company for
the cost of an upgrade ?

Dave

Discussion Thread

gone2ddogs 2003-11-13 15:56:29 UTC D&M / Lab-Volt CNC machines Harvey White 2003-11-13 18:34:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] D&M / Lab-Volt CNC machines turbulatordude 2003-11-13 19:16:52 UTC Re: D&M / Lab-Volt CNC machines