CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Max Step frequency from EMC

Posted by rotarysmp
on 2003-11-15 13:46:28 UTC
Thanks for the prompt answer Paul.

Do you know who has the access to correct the EMC documentation file?

Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Paul <no.spam27@n...> wrote:

> The quoted fiqures are based on an outdated NIST document. The
current
> frequency generator should be able to produce 40-50KHz on a 1GHz
processor
> and still leave sufficiant resources for the general OS tasks.
>
> Running from a command line, it may be possible to get a higher
maximum
> frequency, but you are getting close to the limits of what can be
acheived
> with "off the shelf" hardware - I would take the 100KHz figure of
TurboCNC
> with a pinch of salt...
>
> Regards, Paul.
>

> On Saturday 15 November 2003 7:35 pm, rotarysmp wrote:
> > What would be the expected max Parallel portfrequency of EMC on a
> > 1GHz Athlon in stepper mode?
>
> > 5kHz would be very limiting. Is this still correct? I understand
> > TurboCNC V4 is testing at around 100 kHz on a fast machine.
>
> --
> irc channel for EMC users at irc.freenode.org
> /join #emc
> and chat to other users (not many there yet).

Discussion Thread

rotarysmp 2003-11-15 11:35:35 UTC Max Step frequency from EMC Paul 2003-11-15 12:32:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Max Step frequency from EMC rotarysmp 2003-11-15 13:46:28 UTC Re: Max Step frequency from EMC