CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 2000-04-05 07:15:43 UTC
> From: James Cullins <jcullins@...>
> Just a thought as a newbe but would a USB device meet the needs of the
list?

A USB CNC control would be great! There's enough bandwidth, but I don't think
that there's a guaranteed maximum latency for data packets. I think it would
be OK if the CNC control was the only device on the bus, but people will plug
other stuff in and then problems (like servo runaways) will occur. It might
be possible to use the USB hardware, but write software that uses it solely
for CNC controls (to the exclusion of other USB devices), but then people
would complain that their other peripherals didn't work.

Matt

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 2000-04-05 07:15:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wish list