CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: willwizard? or other CAM packages

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-11-25 13:04:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "stokessd" <stokes@s...>
wrote:
> This has been discussed at length but:
>
> I'm putting together a Taig CNC milling system, and I'm on the hunt
for a decent CAM
> package. I've got the CAD end pretty well covered with autocad and
autodesk
> inventor. I downloaded DeskCNC and it looks good but crashes all
the time on my
> machine.

If you are having a problem with DeskCNC, I suggest that you inquire
on the user forum at http://www.imsrv.com/discus

DeskCNC supports 3D surfaces in STL only, and DXF files should be
flat. If you mistakenly try to import 3D DXF you may get
indeterminate results.

The latest version of DeskCNC is very stable on Windows 98 and XP.
It does require an up to date OpenGL compatible driver to properly
display the rendered/shaded surfaces.

Stlwork.com has an entry level package ($100) and a more advanced one
($395) for 3D surface machining of .STL files.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

stokessd 2003-11-25 10:01:00 UTC willwizard? or other CAM packages Fred Smith 2003-11-25 13:04:41 UTC Re: willwizard? or other CAM packages