CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Building router, what to do with 4th axis

on 2003-11-25 19:22:27 UTC
If you're building now leave the 4th alone. Just go with the flat
sheets 2 1/2D milling. Contouring the surface would be true 3 D
milling, and spinning the work (either parallel or perpendicular) to
the cutter would be the fourth axis.

Just imagine making a pedestal, you would need to rotate the work
perpendicular to the cutter to cut the flutes on the column, and
stuff like that.

The mastering the 4th sets the good CNC work from the truly awesome
CNC work.

Aaron Moss
www.IndustrialHobbies.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Hammel" <mycamel@c...>

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

Mike Hammel 2003-11-25 18:33:55 UTC Building router, what to do with 4th axis industrialhobbies 2003-11-25 19:22:27 UTC Re: Building router, what to do with 4th axis JanRwl@A... 2003-11-25 21:06:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Building router, what to do with 4th axis