CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Vector XT question

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-12-12 15:30:04 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas" <penitent75@y...>
wrote:
> Hey all,
> Downloaded the demo for XT and love it :) But I have a question.
> open up a 2d .dxf (basically a line drawing of a logo I'm working
> on). I click on one of the lines and hit the select chain button.
> Then the line turns red with little arrows showing which way each
of
> the segments is "facing". Most of the segments are facing the
right
> way (counterclockwise, to feed the part to my clockwise rotating
> cutter) but some of them aren't. Of course, reversing direction of
> the selection reverses all of the segments, not just the wrong
ones.
> How can I select a chain, and then choose a direction for the
whole
> chain? Thanks all :)
> Thomas

Thomas, Vector uses the "Shift-Select" method. Hold down the shift
key and click the last line to be cut. The entire chain will be
selected in order pointing toward the end. If you happen to randomly
select, such as by drawing a box around a bunch of entities, Change-
Reorganize will order complete chains into a single selection chained
in a common direction.

You can also pick the first line and use the walk forward method
(CTRL-W) or the "play" button on the selection toolbar.

There are lots of discussion about using Vector on the Vector user's
forum at http://www.imsrv.com/discus I would suggest that you check
there, either with searches, using the provided tutorials, or with
new questions.

Best Regards, Fred Smith- IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.imsrv.com/hobby

We are THE source for low cost Cad Cam

Discussion Thread

Thomas 2003-12-12 14:51:19 UTC Vector XT question Fred Smith 2003-12-12 15:30:04 UTC Re: Vector XT question