CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DIY brushless controllers?

on 2003-12-16 11:35:18 UTC
If you want to roll your own I would highly recommend using the PMD MC3310
chip which takes care of all the commutation, phasing, communication,
trajectory generation etc (no I don't work for them). We have close to 200
BLDC drives based on the PMD chipset that I designed out in the field and I
have not had a single problem with them to date. If you really want to write
the firmware yourself (a wonderful learning experience ) then consider the
TI or Motorola DSP chips that have been optimized specifically for brushless
DC control; Motorola even throws in some code snippets to get you started.
The OSMC group (check the OSMC yahoo news group) is currently discussing the
amplifier section of the BLDC drives; the FETs current sensing techniques
etc. That would be the group to join if you want to be a part of the open
source design they are pursuing right now.
Madhu

Discussion Thread

bluecoast@h... 2003-12-16 10:48:21 UTC DIY brushless controllers? Kim Lux 2003-12-16 11:13:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DIY brushless controllers? Madhu Annapragada 2003-12-16 11:35:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DIY brushless controllers? Kim Lux 2003-12-16 12:10:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DIY brushless controllers?