CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Power Supply Basics - Question

on 2003-12-18 18:35:43 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, John Johnson <johnatl@m...>
wrote:
> If you connect them in series, you get 40v @ 2.5 amps. If you
connect
> them in parallel, you get 20v at 5 amps. If you can use 48v, you
can go
> here: http://mpja.com/listitems.asp?dept=45 and get two 24v
> transformers,

MPJA, P/N: LP520

center tap, 10 amps.

You can wire one for 24VAC, the other for 12VAC and get 36V.
I'm not sure if you get 10 amps regardless how you wire.

Also, reduce by 1/3, not use 1/3 total amps.

Therefore for 4 motors you would want to use 12 amps total, so this
would be a simple way for a 3 axis.

Leave room for the other 2 tranformers and cap if you plan on
expanding in the future. Another option is to have a seperate power
supply for the 4th axis. That way it is totally portable between
machines.

Dave

or a 24v and a 12v for 36v. If you've got the money, you
> can go to http://www.digikey.com/, search for transformer, and use
> their parametric search to find the one you want. Try the
toroidals,

wanliker@a...,
> > timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach
> > it if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be
> > a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
> > there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING
> > THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........