CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] pulse/direction(pc 2 outputs cncpro) to emerson servo drive

makeitdave wrote:

>I have a fx455 emerson servo drive which I have set to
>Pulse/direction (it says it needs 4 inputs (#4+ #2-CW, and #5+ #3-CCW)
>I only have 2 outputs from cnc pro Step/Direction from the PC. How
>should I connect to the drive? and will the direct outputs from the
>PC drive the servo drive? Any help would be great Thanks, Dave

Why does it need 4 inputs? Do you mean it needs 4 wires connected,
or 4 signals? What type of input is it requiring, a voltage or a current?
Many drivers have opto-isolators at the input to avoid electrical noise
problems,
and require a current to activate the opto-inputs. So, you might connect
#4(+) and #5(+) to a source of +5 V from your computer (pin 1 of the
15-pin game port is +5 V), and then you only have #2 for CW and #3 for CCW.
These outputs would probably need to remain high (+5V) for no step,
and pulse low (~0V) to step.

makeitdave 2003-12-28 09:00:39 UTC pulse/direction(pc 2 outputs cncpro) to emerson servo drive Jon Elson 2003-12-28 09:39:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] pulse/direction(pc 2 outputs cncpro) to emerson servo drive