CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pacific Scientific Nema 34 Brake and Encoder removal

Posted by Dave Fisher
on 2003-12-30 07:07:18 UTC
The brake is normally an electromagnetic type clutch - can be 12 24 90 100
110 volts etc
I would apply 24 Volts DC to the brake pair and see if it frees the shaft
continue the voltage upwards till the brake frees. Keep an eye on the
temperature
of the brake housing - if its too hot then the Voltage is too high. As for
the sellers rateing on Ebay ...

Rgds Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: rotarysmp [mailto:mark.wrathall@...]
Sent: 30 December 2003 14:40
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pacific Scientific Nema 34 Brake and Encoder
removal

I bought a PACSCI NEMA 34 PowerPac from ebay.

ebay # 2577232501

PACSCI # K32HRHM-LDK-NS-02-50

I could find no info on the PACSCI site or here in the archive on
this brake unit. I sent a request to PACSCI, but really need a
quicker response to test this unit and rate the seller.

Is this a standard PACSCI brake/encoder installation? Nothing similar
is shown in the online stepper catalog.

What voltage do I need to apply to release the brake?

How do I remove the encoder and brake? I removed the cover of the
encoder, but it doesn't appear to be mounted from the back.

I don't need the 1500 ozin this monster generates, and the torque
curves in the PACSCI stepper catalog look quite linear indicating
about 600 OZIN at 5A. If I drive this at 20x microstepping, 4.5A
(overdriving to 6.3A at higher speed under acceleration) and 70V with
my Phytron drivers, can I expect smooth accurate motion? I have read
mention of issues with running steppers at lower than rated current
during microstepping.

Thanks,
Mark

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links