CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EGG BOT (egg plotter)

on 2004-01-02 09:27:30 UTC
Hi Larry,

You might also want to check out:

http://www.taomc.com/bits2bots/

For ideas. Old floppy disk drives are a good source of both mechanical
and electronic parts. Sometimes you can even remove the driver chips.
Or use the entire drive board, and talk to it like a disk drive.

Yeah, I've got some hardware from last year's egg bot experiments I just
found while digging around.

Alan KM6VV

Larry wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Riddle" <sariddle@l...> wrote:
> > My application I am using these motors for is kind of a art'see one.
> > It is called a egg plotter.
>
> My sugestion
>
> I too am making an egg plotter. I will use steppers an the related pc board
> from older 5.25' floppy drives. use older floppy drives wherein the stepper
> motor looks like a motor instead of a pancake. Use the power supply from an older
> computer. Like a XT,286or 386.
> Do a search for "Jones on stepper motors" for info on card edge connections
> for step,direction and ground on the stepper motor card from the floppy drive.
> I am going to use a toothed belt reduction for a finer resolution.
> Happy New Year

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2004-01-02 09:27:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EGG BOT (egg plotter)