CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: anilam linear scales problem

Posted by Mark Evans
on 2004-01-02 23:56:10 UTC
I have the same machine, allthough mine is functional I too would
like to upgrade the control. If you find a good solution please let
me know. I have not seen much about this closed loop servo system.

Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "amkibel" <gazelle@o...>
wrote:
> I am a retired machinest who has been given a 3 axis cnc mill
which,
> although 20 years old, is in very good mechanical condition.
>
> However the Anilam control is now beyond redemption so after much
> thought I have decided to scrap the Anilam Crusader controller and
> use a PC running Mach 2 and gecko servo drives as an alternative.
>
> Does anybody out there no how to drive the Anilam linear encoders
via
> type 320 servo drives. Voltages and diagram would be a great help.
>
> Also I have been told that if an axis has more than .5 LSB backlash
> I could expect jitter. I believe Anilam got around their problem
> with tacho feedback from the servos and some sort of signal
> processing.
> Any ideas in this area would be very helpful.
>
> Kib Kibel

Discussion Thread

amkibel 2003-12-28 17:50:58 UTC anilam linear scales problem Mark Evans 2004-01-02 23:56:10 UTC Re: anilam linear scales problem