CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Best source for timing pulleys and timing belts

on 2004-01-06 16:20:29 UTC
You probally want to check out Stock Drive at www.sdp-si.com they are
the best source for stuff like this.

Also you'll probally want to go with a HTD (Hight Torque Drive)
profile, it's a curved tooth that's better suited for this type of
application.

A 9mm belt with a 5mm pitch should work well, just make sure the
drive pulley (smaller of the two) is flanged, the other need not be.

Thanks
Aaron Moss
www.IndustrialHobbies.com

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "kidderkeith" <kidder@c...>
wrote:
> Is McMaster-Carr the best place to by timing belts and pulleys or
are
> there other sources I should check out.
>
> A few more questions:
> Which pitch is most desireable? 1/5"? Or, what style or series is
> most desireable?
>
> Would a 3/8" belt width be acceptable for a mini mill?
>
> Best regards,
> Keith Kidder

Discussion Thread

kidderkeith 2004-01-06 09:18:54 UTC Best source for timing pulleys and timing belts Jon Elson 2004-01-06 10:32:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best source for timing pulleys and timing belts industrialhobbies 2004-01-06 16:20:29 UTC Re: Best source for timing pulleys and timing belts