CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 5000 Mark

on 2004-01-09 14:33:02 UTC
>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "wcanliker" <wanliker@a...>
>wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> The group hit the 5000 mark this morning. Did anyone here ever
> think it would grow that much when the group was started with 12
> people back in 1999? I know that I never forsaw the future of the
> group.
> bill
> List Mom

Congratulations Bill.
Is there any way other than the displayed members list that you are
able to know how many current members there are?
Some must have joined to either have a look and then not bothered or
just moved on.
I feel this is a fault with Yahoo in all the groups. Although an
active list the postings don't reflect 5,000 members.
I'm on a few Yahoo groups that merit from 500 to 1000 members but
posting are very low leading me to believe that stated membership
isn't accurate.
Perhaps what Yahoo need is to poll it's group members on say a yearly
basis. Something like, if you want to keep on this list click this
link.
Since being on this list I have had three email address's before this
one, I'd like to bet that the previous ones are still listed as I
have never closd them down.
Many people have also reported having to reapply for membership in
another name as Yahoo won't let them on.
In the UK Yahoo was E-Groups previously and when they swopped over we
should have automatically got a Yahoo registration. Mine siad t was
valid but I couldn't use it and had to sign on the Yahoo as another
user.
I bet that also applied to others as well.

John S.

Discussion Thread

wcanliker 2004-01-09 11:05:28 UTC 5000 Mark Alan Marconett KM6VV 2004-01-09 12:37:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 5000 Mark stevenson_engineers 2004-01-09 14:33:02 UTC Re: 5000 Mark