CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Wiring Information needed - help

on 2004-01-10 20:13:34 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ja_erickson"
<ja_erickson@y...> wrote:
> Evening,
>
> I am doing a retrofit and need to know a few wiring things.
>
> 1.) should the power wires feeding the servo motors be shielded
> or not? and if they are, where and how should the drain wires
> be connected?

No, don't shield these.

> 2.) should the limit switch wires be shielded or not? and if
> they are, where and how should the drain wires be connected?

Yes, as far back to the PC as posible, then connect to the grounding
on the parallel cable.

> 3.) when i place a break-out board inside of a controller cabinet
> where should or shouldnt i place it in order to minimize
> the effects that noise might have on it?

put it in a small metal box, inside the control case.

> 4.) what is considered to be a safe minimum distance between motor
> power wiring and encoder wiring?

encoger wiring is shielded to, back to the parallel port grounding
will do. after that you can run them zip tied togeather.

> 5.) any other things that i'm missing please let me know

Your on the right track

Thanks
Aaron Moss
www.IndustrialHobbies.com

Discussion Thread

ja_erickson 2004-01-10 16:13:58 UTC Wiring Information needed - help industrialhobbies 2004-01-10 20:13:34 UTC Re: Wiring Information needed - help