CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 3591

Posted by Harvey White
on 2004-01-17 15:10:39 UTC
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:47:19 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>2 Things:
>

>For those in search of rotary phase convertors, take a moment to phone your local wastewater or water treatment plant to inquire if they may have old ones around.
>
>Many plants are converting their lift and pump stations over to VFDs or solid state motor controls, and they may be willing to sell (or give) you their old rotary units. Most lift stations have motors rated from 2 HP to maybe 10 HP, so the size is a very popular range for hobbyists also.
>
>Of course, this should also cause you to question why they are converting to solid state, and you are thinking of going rotary!
>

>Item #2:
>
>Who is selling 12" and 8" chinese linear scales at a decent price? I know LMS has the 12" for $85.- and there are occasional ebay deals, but I'm *really* cheap! I'm set to start assembling my ShumaTech DRO today, and Its time to think input devices for my mini mill!

Go to the ebay auctions, then check to see if you can order them
separately from the auction through a phone number. You will not get
a cheaper price, but you will be dealing with a real person, and not
bidding on anything.

Harvey

>Ron aka veeguy (aka a WWTP electronics tech)

Discussion Thread

Ron Hicks aka veeguy@y... 2004-01-17 13:43:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 3591 Harvey White 2004-01-17 15:10:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 3591