CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stepper motor feedback

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-01-19 07:15:11 UTC
Hello,

The MaxNC CL line of machines is based on closed loop steppers...

I'd tend to agree with the latter part of your statement, not worth
it these days. Especially when Geckos are so inexpensive!

You're gonna do nearly everything the same for closed loop steppers
as for step-servos, and the step-servos (geckos, For example) are
going to run curcles around the CL steppers...

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse Osufsen"
<jmosufsen@h...> wrote:
> Has anyone out there used feedback control to control their stepper
motors? If you have, are there any advantages over servo motors, or
is it not worth the added complexity?

> Jesse

Jesse Osufsen 2004-01-16 10:53:48 UTC Stepper motor feedback ballendo 2004-01-19 07:15:11 UTC Re: Stepper motor feedback