CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: inverter question

Posted by afogassa
on 2004-01-19 18:29:32 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "afogassa" <afogassa@y...>
wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've got a 200hz 220v 1Kw 4.3amps spindle motor for my router,
> and made a trip to the local electric supplyer to get a inverter to
> run it, to my suprise they sayd that I would need a 16amps
inverter
> to run the spindle becouse the start current is very high.
> Well I do Know that they have a 7amps inverter for half the price
> than the one they want to sell (16amps).
> Question: would a 7 amps be enough to run this spindle or they
want
> to push a bigger inverter just becouse it's more money?
> Does the 200hz have something to do with the high start current?
> making it impossibe a 7amps invert to start it?
>
> Thank's
> Fogassa

Well, I've called the WEG tecnical assistence they make the VFD I
was going to use and found out that the people that works for the
electric supplyer didn't know how to set up the VFD for the 200hz
motor and that's why they want to sell the 16 amps unit.
I've pluged a 4amps VFD to the motor and adjusted a few parameteres
like having a higher frequency to start the motor and also having the
frequency and the volts proportional to each other and the motor
start and turns very nice with a 4amps VFD.
Still have to run more tests but it's very nice to know that
sometimes if you push just a bit more you get what you want for a lot
less money.
The 4amps VFD is also cheaper than the 7amps ones.

thank's
Fogassa

Discussion Thread

afogassa 2004-01-16 14:40:11 UTC inverter question JanRwl@A... 2004-01-16 15:02:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] inverter question Jon Elson 2004-01-16 22:39:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] inverter question afogassa 2004-01-19 18:29:32 UTC Re: inverter question Jon Elson 2004-01-19 19:21:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: inverter question