CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dan Mauch's 3 axis CNC controller board?

on 2000-04-10 01:49:09 UTC
On 9 Apr 00 at 7:27, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com scribbled
furtively:

> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:20:32 -0700
> From: "Glen Benson" <benson@...>
> Subject: Re: Dan Mauch's 3 axis CNC controller board?
>
> Dan from California,
>
> I got one of Dan's 2 amp kits a couple of weeks ago. The assembly went
> very smooth. The only tip I could give is read the instructions and put the
> compnents in in that order. I almost started soldering things at will , that
> would have caused me some grief. One the board is assembled check for the
> correct voltages and adjust the pots. I had motors going within 3 hours if
> starting. The hbridge chips seem to run a little hot but I am using 2 amp

might I suggest that you fan cool that board? 12 volt fans from PC
ppower supplies are cheap and effective, and it really makes your
components last longer, and prevents dry joints over time. 'dry
joints' in this case are caused by the expansion and contraction as
the temperature changes, which moves the leads in the PCB holes and
fatigues the solder till it cracks.

--
Living in South Africa
Flying power Kites

Discussion Thread

David A. Forsyth 2000-04-10 01:49:09 UTC Re: Dan Mauch's 3 axis CNC controller board?