CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rotary to linear translation - an interesting idea.

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2000-04-10 16:26:11 UTC
Jon Elson wrote:

> Hey, this sounds like it might work a LOT better than the cable/reel
> type DRO!

The plans were purchased from HSM maybe 8-10 years ago. I never saw
anyone make one, and after sitting on the plans for years, gave them to
(I think) Roger Gipson who I believe lurks here.
The plans used a small HP rotary encoder and a gear train to increase
resolution. Ball bearings for all rotary components and antibacklash
gears were called for.
Looked like a good setup, but I got into a commercial DRO long before
getting up enough initiative to build it.

Jon Anderson 2000-04-10 16:26:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rotary to linear translation - an interesting idea.