CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Rotary to linear translation

Posted by John Guenther
on 2000-04-11 08:16:00 UTC
Ron,

I agree, there is an old saying the goes something like Keep It Simple St____ (KISS) which I think really applies here,
especially for hobby use. Simple should equate to low cost which is what most hobbiest are looking for IMHO. I simple rolling
wheel on a flat surface is about as simple as you can get.

On the other hand, the idea presented earlier today about the cable being pulled out of the housing and returned by sprring
reminds me of the Starrett Digi-Tape which has the built digital display along with a 25 or 50 foot measuring tape. The
accuracy of the Digi-Tape is only to the 1/16" but I am sure the concept is the same.

John Guenther