CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: The guts of Circular Interpolation

Posted by rotarysmp
on 2004-03-01 04:22:27 UTC
Don't forget that you need to decelerate below the start spedd at
each quadrant if back lash it to be applied.

Regards,
Mark
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Miles" <petem@o...>
wrote:
> I am looking for either a website or some literature that explains
in
> detail what happens inside a CNC controller when executing a
circular
> interpolation command, either G01 or G02.
>
> It is my understanding that a CNC actually breaks up the arcs into
> set of smaller linear moves so that the cordal deviation with the
> line segment and the arc are within the tolerance spec set in the
Amp.

> These small line segments have a set of coordinates and a velocity.
> Which causes both axis of the machine to move. But prior to
moving,
> it needs to calculate the accelerations and decelerations,
distances
> to move based on the acceleration values, adjusting the straight
line
> velocities so that the tool gets to the end of the small sub line
> segment at the right time so as to maintain (or try to) velocity
> through the entire arc.
>
> Now all of these tiny little calculations take time, and are
repeated
> many times during a single G02/G03 command. Then all these
> calculations have to match up with the servo update clock, and when
> things like jerk, acceleration, and velocity on an axis become
> limiting factors, things have to slow down.
>
> What I am looking for is how all this is calculated. Does the CNC
> controller do all the work, is the servo controller involved with
> some of the calculations.
>
> Any info would be appreciated.
>
> Pete Miles

Discussion Thread

Pete Miles 2004-02-27 18:55:02 UTC The guts of Circular Interpolation Alan Marconett KM6VV 2004-02-27 19:41:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The guts of Circular Interpolation ballendo 2004-02-28 06:32:22 UTC Re: The guts of Circular Interpolation stevenson_engineers 2004-02-28 08:27:00 UTC Re: The guts of Circular Interpolation rotarysmp 2004-03-01 04:22:27 UTC Re: The guts of Circular Interpolation Pete Miles 2004-03-01 13:09:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: The guts of Circular Interpolation