CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VFD control wiring question

Posted by Dave Fisher
on 2004-03-07 03:10:12 UTC
Why not use one of the many reflective sensor systems on the market - a foil
strip
is placed on the motor shaft and the drive gives a pulse out each rev - the
output could be fed direct to your software / system.

Rgds

Dave Fisher UK

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Vance [mailto:ccq@...]
Sent: 07 March 2004 08:13
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] VFD control wiring question

Howdy Andy, Jeff;

There may be newer ones I haven't seen, but VFCs tend to operate over a
relatively small frequency range. You could do better with a plain old 4046
PLL, or perhaps one of it's newer 200+ MHz versions. Another even wider
range
possibility would be to look into DLLs, (Delay Locked Loops), but those are
relatively new, and you find more in the way of accademic proposals, than
you
do actual, "in production", chips, when web searching.

Bill

--
****
* *

An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! | 1-1911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --Jesus
Christ

****

Constitutional Government is dead! LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.