CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO through encoders

GRautoHP@... wrote:

>I have a manual/cnc knee mill that I want to build a servo controller for
>using greco 320/340 drivers, and I was wondering if I can get encoder feedback to
>the controller so I can use it as a dro when used manually ?

I am working on an interface board to go between my Universal Stepper
Controller and up to 4 Gecko 320/340 drivers. it could be used with other
arrangements, but you'd still need some kind of interface to the PC to
count encoder pulses. The overhead of trying to count step pulses in
software without ever missing one is pretty severe.

What my board does is power the encoder signals from the USC board, and
use opto-isolators to generate a copy of these signals with the voltage
reference
of the Gecko drives. It also senses if any Gecko drive faults, and
powers all
the Gecko drives down. Also, if the computer requests an e-stop, the Gecko
drives are powered down, allowing you to move the motors manually.

GRautoHP@a... 2004-03-07 19:11:55 UTC DRO through encoders Jon Elson 2004-03-07 22:32:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DRO through encoders