CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Eagle files uploaded

Posted by Abby Katt
on 2004-03-09 05:12:16 UTC
Fab man!
This is definately something I'll take a look at. I've been wanting
to cut PCB's on my mill for ages (even have a nice end-mill holder
which will take Dremel cutters) but slivers and long, long, long
cutting times have put me off so far...

I'll tell you what I think.
~Abby

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, John Johnson <johnatl@m...>
wrote:
> <with apologies for cross posting>
>
> I just uploaded some files I've been working on:

> pcb-gcode.zip contains the files for a program to generate g-code
for
> your PCB designs in Eagle (http://www.cadsoftusa.com/).
> This program differs from others in the way excess copper can be
> removed. Other programs generate sweeps across the board, milling
the
> excess copper away. For a 4.00"x3.2" board, at a step distance of
> 0.010", that's 400 passes, multiply by 3.2", and you have about
107' of
> movement. My program takes a different approach. It generates
> successive outlines at increasing offsets. This takes care of the
small
> slivers of copper, as well as frayed corners, without milling away
the
> large areas that don't affect other traces. I think you'll like it.
>
> pcb-gcode-lib.zip is a library of parts. The parts are modified
from
> the original Eagle libraries. The modified parts have larger pads
so
> that more will be left after the PCB is milled. Not all parts are
> modified. The ones that are modified have !FAT in the package, and
the
> part number for the device has an F appended, such as AT90S2313F.
Some
> also have offset pads so that if you have to solder on the top of
the
> board, the pads will be easier to get to. These have an O appended
> the part number, such as AT90S8535FO (i.e. Fat Offset).
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Regards,
> JJ

Discussion Thread

John Johnson 2004-03-09 03:54:27 UTC Eagle files uploaded Abby Katt 2004-03-09 05:12:16 UTC Re: Eagle files uploaded