CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re Handwheels

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-03-11 09:09:44 UTC
Mark,

Exactly! You had to CHANGE your re-zeroing methods...

It takes a CHANGE of attitude to FULLY realise the promise of CNC.

But once you do, you'll only turn mechanical handwheels for
nostalgia, or the VERY real "just feels good" that they DO provide...

But not when you're in a hurry. Or want it to be easy. Or when you
need accurate results. Then you'll use the cnc "manually"...

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Mark F <mfraser@h...> wrote:
> I took them off my Sherline mill when in the 4th hour of a part,
> a roll of masking tape made its way under the knob on the X axis
> and caused a lot of missed steps.... The Z axis one went earlier,
> when I finally twigged to the resonance problems causing lost
> steps - big difference. Since I changed my "re-zeroing" methods,
> I haven't missed the handwheels at all.
>
> I guess ergonomics must now include placing handwheels at heights
> other than gonad-height / mark

Discussion Thread

Mark F 2004-03-10 09:51:29 UTC Re Handwheels ballendo 2004-03-11 09:09:44 UTC Re: Re Handwheels