CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Rotons freewheeling crashproof ballscrew

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2000-04-13 20:50:20 UTC
Jon Anderson wrote:

> Don't recall if this has been posted here before, but Roton makes amce
> and ball screws, along with a couple other types. Good tech data
> available. I got prices once, not the cheapest, but far from the most
> expensive. http://www.roton.com/home.html is the link.

I just went to their site, and they've got this neat thing called a
freewheeling ballscrew (where continuous rotation at the end of
thread just keeps recirculating the balls round and round with
no linear movement) thus preventing a crash. Sounds great to me:

http://www.roton.com/freewheeling/freewheeling.html

Doug

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2000-04-13 20:50:20 UTC Rotons freewheeling crashproof ballscrew