CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport Series 1 - Z axis oiling problem - need help

Posted by vavaroutsos
on 2004-03-14 11:15:12 UTC
Jeff, I have a maintanence manual, but unfortuanately, no parts
diagram. In the maintanence manual, under the procedure for removing
the Z drive belt, it says to "disconnect the oil line to the left
side of the meter unit (1-41-3210)". If you can locate the meter unit
in a parts diagram, maybe that will help.

~petev

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ja_erickson"
<ja_erickson@y...> wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> I'm in the process of retrofitting a series 1 boss 5 and i'm having
> a problem finding out how the z axis ball screw is being oiled.
> When i bought the machine the oiling tube had been pulled out.
> i have dis-assembled the motor and pulleys to reveal the z- axis
> ball nut and screw assembly. i can see a large spanner nut and
> lock ring and a small tapped hole but no evidence of how the oiling
> tube was secured or located. can anybody tell me where the oil tube
> goes? how it is secured inside of the housing? and how the oil tube
> is supposed to function? so that i can restore it back to its
> original configuration.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

Discussion Thread

ja_erickson 2004-03-14 10:43:23 UTC Bridgeport Series 1 - Z axis oiling problem - need help vavaroutsos 2004-03-14 11:15:12 UTC Re: Bridgeport Series 1 - Z axis oiling problem - need help