CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series 1 Info Needed

on 2004-03-14 20:57:39 UTC
Don't know what the 4-6 head is, but for the Rigid-Ram head, I think, from
my manual, the torque is set by the amount of 'preload' you put on the
spindle bearings. They STRESS absolute cleanliness for all ballnut-related
adjustments, cleaning, or removal. There is a procedure where, you wrap a
string around the ballnut's O.D. (the pully mounting diameter), and hook
the end of the string to a small measuring scale. Pull on the scale to
force the nut to rotate, and the reading, pulling the (empty) quill upward,
should be no more than 18 oz. over the full travel of the quill, set
preload (torque) accordingly. Also, the downward 'pull' should not exceed
18 oz., likewise. Hope this helps. Amen! re: the manuals.

RayHex

----------
> From: ja_erickson <ja_erickson@...>
>
> Greetings,
>
> I would like to know if anyone out there has a manual page
> of a bridgeport series 1 cnc boss 4-6 head assembly. i have a
> maintainance manual but it doesnt have any information on this.
> I believe a machine that i'm working on has missing parts.
> Does anybody have any torque specs for the spindle spanner nut
> torque (the large spanner nut thats screws onto the z-axis ball nut)
> cant find that anywhere in my manual either. boy those manuals
> leave alot to be desired.
>
> Thanks
> Jeff

Discussion Thread

ja_erickson 2004-03-14 13:24:16 UTC Bridgeport Series 1 Info Needed Raymond Heckert 2004-03-14 20:57:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Series 1 Info Needed