CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Automatic clamping

Posted by Bob Muse
on 2004-03-15 13:18:18 UTC
I had a similar requirement a while back where I needed more switches than I
had outputs. I mounted a couple of microswitches that were actuated when
the table moved farther than it would running the parts. Just programmed in
a g00 to hit the switch. Worked great.
Bob
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Clymer" <rocketscientistnate@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 10:10 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Automatic clamping

> I have a BP Boss 5 with the original controls, only a programming manual
sorry I couldn't help with the maintenance questions. I need to profile
some parts which require moving clamps several times. Does anyone know of a
way to interface with external devices, such as to use some automatic
clamps? If not, I'm considering mounting some optical sensors on one side
of the fixture and driving the tool over there to activate the switch,
anybody ever done this before? Thanks for any suggestions.

> Nathan Clymer
> www.clymermachine.com
>
> Do you Yahoo!?

timg@...