CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re, Controllers

Posted by bank haam
on 2004-03-18 21:35:01 UTC
Hi Mike and all,

Thank you for setup specs. Can you provide the vendor and the cost of each unit ? Does the encoder needs to be seperate or can we get the servo type with the encoder built in ? Does this encoder needs a seperate power supply ?

Thank you

Mike Kunz <mpkunz@...> wrote:
I have the mill essentially set up. So I guess what I need are the following:

o power supply to supply the 4 Geckos
o 4 Geckos
o 4 servo motors
o 4 encoders
o Drawing software
o some kind of card to insert into the motherboard on my PC
o software to run the card inserted in the motherboard

Am I missing anything ?

Questions:

o Who has the cards that get inserted into the motherboard, that work with
the programs that are out there ?
o Of the programs out there for running on the PC that is controlling
everything, do they work with any of these controller boards ?

Mike

At 07:06 AM 3/18/04 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Ed,
>
>I'm planning to upgrade to Servo driven technology also. I do not know
the specs on Gecko and would be please if someone on the list would provide
from sofware to hardware on it. I'm also on a tight budget and if the cost
would be under five hundreds dollar would be a plus.

>Best regard,
>
>Ben
>
>Ed Gilbert wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Go with Gecko's, good proven design and why is: tech support far superior to
>anyone!
>

>Best,
>
>Ed Gilbert
>
>Gilbert Engineered Systems