CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yaskawa Minertia brushed DC servo specs

snagglexr650 wrote:

>Hello,
> I just bought 3 Yaskawa DC brushed servos off Ebay. I'm trying to
>get an idea of what kind of volts/amps they will require to run at
>their maximum performance using Gecko G320's. Yaskawa's website has
>no mention of these small DC motors. All that I know is from the
>sellers description;
>
>Yaskawa Minertia UGRMEM-R02SAK0E
>
>56W, Voltage Constant 6VDC,/1000RPM

56 W is a very small motor. That is the continuous rating, of course.

>1.06 n-M PEAK torque, , 8.8A Peak
>
>.212 n-M constant torque
>
>3000Rmp operating, 4000Peak
>
>straight shaft w/ tapped center hole
>
>Encoder Spec UTOPI-200 shown above.
>
>We believe but are NOT positive that the 200=2048PPR.....
>

>Going by the voltage constant and rated RPM it 'appears' that they
>want 18V (3000RPM) - 24V (4000RPM). Geckos require a minimum of 24V
>don't they? Will 24V drive these motors to hard?

No, you probably will get very poor performance at 24 V. You have to
account for armature resistance if you want to be able to get near peak
torque while spinning.

>What about current, 8.8A peak, but what would I set the current limit
>to on the G320's?

As close as you can to 8.0 or 8.5 A.

>One final question, being a 200 count encoder, assuming TTL, wouldn't
>that be 200 X 4 = 800 ppr as the final resolution rather than 2048?
>I always thought you multiplied by 4.

Yes, if the encoder is measured in lines or cycles. If it is measured in
"counts", then you can't be sure whether it is really describing cycles or
quadrature counts. But, I seriously doubt it is a 50 cycle/rev encoder,
that is
just too low.

snagglexr650 2004-03-20 04:30:56 UTC Yaskawa Minertia brushed DC servo specs Jon Elson 2004-03-20 12:16:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yaskawa Minertia brushed DC servo specs