CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Run a Fanuc Spindle motor from a standard VFD?

Peter Renolds wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Anyone tried to run a Fanuc spindle motor from a suitable rating VFD
>such as those from Practical Automation? I'm just curious - from the
>name plate, they just seem to be 3 phase motors. There are a few on
>eBay e.g. item # 3804647955 - I'm just wondering if they will play with
>a non Fanuc motor control. (I realise that any position info coming
>from the spindle, e.g. encoder output is a separate issue.) Apart from
>price what else makes them better suited for driving a spindle? Low
>vibration? Small diameter, faster acceleration? Just wondering.

I think they probably will work with a standard VFD, but this is a BIG
motor! 30 KW! Up to 137 A, and needs 500 Hz to run a 4-pole motor
at 15000 RPM.

Peter Renolds 2004-03-25 21:09:24 UTC Run a Fanuc Spindle motor from a standard VFD? Jon Elson 2004-03-25 22:20:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Run a Fanuc Spindle motor from a standard VFD?