CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cad/Cam and windows emulator

Posted by Ray Henry
on 2000-04-17 06:30:43 UTC
Dan +

Corel apparently has a fairly stable version of wine that they use with
their Linux office suite. You might try that. I've seen cd's of their
linux for a buck!

There was a comment in one of the EMC C files about a timing problem when
running under VM but that file was a year old or so. I don't know whether
the problem has been fixed. I suspect that as long as you were not trying
to run a part program with EMC, and Vector with VM under windows at the
same time, you'd be okay.

Ray

>Message: 9 [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 457
> Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:06:32 -0400
> From: Brian Bartholomew <bb@...>
>Subject: Cad/Cam and windows emulator
>
>> Right now, I am interested in getting Wine (linux windows emulator)
>> to work with Vector.
>
>Wine generally only works with games, because that's all its creators
>use it for. Try http://www.vmware.com and a real copy of Windows
>instead. It isn't free, but it works.
> Brian

Discussion Thread

Ray Henry 2000-04-17 06:30:43 UTC Re: Cad/Cam and windows emulator