CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Control

Posted by Dave Fisher
on 2004-04-12 23:19:11 UTC
Not knowing TurboCnc - but I presume you can set a function key or select a
key to advance the router ?

Heath Robinson method - a small micro switch on the rotating work which
fires a solenoid to press the 'advance' button on your keyboard every time
the work turns 1 rev.

More elegant - some electronics knowledge required - interface the micro
switch to a PIC in series
with the keyboard input on the PC - The PIC would then send the required key
code to he software every time the micro switch closes.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Dave Fisher UK

-----Original Message-----
From: docsys@... [mailto:docsys@...]
Sent: 12 April 2004 17:21
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Control

I am in the process of setting up a 2-axis cnc router wood lathe and would
like to use Turbocnc as
the control software. The first axis is already set-up and running. It
moves the router in and out
of the part. The rotating wood to be turned is very heavy. I am using a 1/4
hp DC gearmotor, with a
speed controller to set the rpm. It needs to turn at about 10 rpm or it
will start to burn.

My question is, how can I have the router advance at each revolution? How
would an encoder on the lathe shaft
be set-up to advance the router per revolution of the shaft with turbocnc?

Thank you for your help.
Bruce

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.