CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Evaluate Mach2 Software

Posted by Andy Wander
on 2004-04-18 17:23:36 UTC
Greg:

I am "playing around" with Mach2 on my first CNC project, and so far, I like
it very much. I can't really compare it to any other controllers, as I
haven't used any.

I CAN confirm that the DRO's(without separate linear encoders) tell you
where Mach2 thinks the tool is, so if you move it by manually turning the
wheels, the DRO's don't change.

If by manual control you meant joggging through the software, then the DRO's
will show these moves.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Maxwell
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 4/18/2004 8:15 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Evaluate Mach2 Software

All,

Has anyone used the Mach2 software package? I am in the process of
migrating a panagraph engraver and Bridgeport milling machine to
CNC. I have downloaded the demo and it appears very impressive
(includes digitizing) and linear encoder input for DRO. I know this
is a very objective question, however what I am looking for is the
package capable or is there other packages that may cost more that
are better? Secondly, if these software packages are hooked up to
the mill, if I move the x (or y) axis manually, will the dro update
on the movement? Or is this why you would need to buy the linear
encoders?

Thanks,

Greg Maxwell

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Greg Maxwell 2004-04-18 17:15:26 UTC Evaluate Mach2 Software Andy Wander 2004-04-18 17:23:36 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Evaluate Mach2 Software Greg Maxwell 2004-04-18 17:39:04 UTC Re: Evaluate Mach2 Software John Guenther 2004-04-19 03:52:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Evaluate Mach2 Software