CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport z axiz quill plans

stephenmtate wrote:

>Dose anyone know where I can find plans to build by own z azis quill
>drive to convert my bridgport J head seriers one mill to cnc?

I don't have plans, as such, as the job didn't turn out so well. I have
it working,
and it does a good job, but I made several mistakes even though I made
cardboard templates to make sure everything would fit without interference.
There are some photos on my web page at
http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/CNCconv.html and near the bottom of
that pagem there's a link to more Z-axis info, but here's a direct link
anyway,
http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/zaxis.html

I attached the ballscrew mount to the two cast bosses that hold the stop
rod,
and connected the ball nut to the quill through the bolt hole for the stop
ring.

You really have to fit the whole arrangement around the ballscrew and
motor that you plan to use, anyway. Plans would only be useful if you
could obtain the same parts that the plans called for.

stephenmtate 2004-05-04 19:03:40 UTC Bridgeport z axiz quill plans Jon Elson 2004-05-04 22:28:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport z axiz quill plans