CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plazma cutter.

Posted by taylorma@e...
on 2000-04-23 21:16:46 UTC
At 03:45 PM 4/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello list,
>Does anyone have experience with an x-y table for a plazma cutter. It
>seems to me that the resolution would not have to be high. I was
>thinking about welding bicycle chain to angle iron instead of buying
>rack gears. I know that this technique works well for sawmill tables.
>Comments, suggestions?
>Bob B.

While my table is not a plasma cutter the concept is the same. Anyway,
I used chains to pull my first table around instead of welding them to
angle iron as you are suggesting but it worked ok (for a while). I'd
go with the gear racks - it'll save you a lot of trouble in the long
run. As far as the resolution goes, I found out if the resolution of
the 'mochine' is less than the cutting width, you won't have any
problems.

Here's a picture page on my table(s), it might give you an idea or
two.

http://www.esper.com/taylorma/mochines/

Later -

O-Tay (tm)
Mark A. Taylor (U$UA 15484)
http://www.esper.com/taylorma

Discussion Thread

baileys@k... 2000-04-23 14:01:52 UTC plazma cutter. Tim Goldstein 2000-04-23 14:43:44 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plazma cutter. taylorma@e... 2000-04-23 21:16:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plazma cutter. David Johnson 2000-04-24 19:50:40 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] plazma cutter.