CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Geoff Williams CNC Bot book was Re: More questions

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-05-13 09:43:57 UTC
Hello, I just lost a long reply to this. Without re-typing it I'll
just summarise. I purchased a copy of this book. IMO the book sucks...

A lot of info on the L297-L298 and making not even very good drivers
using them (With about 50 pages of the chip data sheets which can be
gotten for free from www.stmicro.com) The bulk of the book is on
building these drivers.

The surplus parts he uses are from a process camera, and not the kind
of thing you'll find easily. And he spends too much time telling you
how HE did it, and not enough IMO teling you how YOU can do it.

The machine design itself will probably work, but I don't think it's
a very good design. I think your parts will be filled with chatter
marks...

Go to www.cnczone.com to see the depth and breadth of first-timer cnc.
IMO, you'll get FAR more out of spending the same time there that you
would have spent readin the workshop Bot book.

I'd recommend against buying this book.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Richard L. Wurdack"
<dickw@n...> wrote:
> I have a copy and I have read it, but not built the Bot in it. It
covers the
> topic pretty much end to end all in one place. I would supplement
it with
> the info on the groups. I don't intend to build anything from it,
but it
> looks like you could.
>
> D.

required to build a CNC machine.

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Paul Schwartz 2004-05-11 12:51:06 UTC More questions Richard L. Wurdack 2004-05-11 20:10:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] More questions Bob McKnight 2004-05-11 22:24:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] More questions ballendo 2004-05-13 09:43:57 UTC Geoff Williams CNC Bot book was Re: More questions