CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EDM design

Posted by Bob McKnight
on 2004-05-24 17:44:48 UTC
Are you mechanically(vibrating) the electrode? My machine
a vintage Electron Drill is basically just a welder with a
vibrating electrode and a mixture of water soluble oil and
water. It has an automatic feed. I have tried to get a manual
for it, but it is so old and the company was sold. I cleaned it
up it runs just fine. The main job is taking apart VW roller bearing
cranks.

bob mcknight phoenix arizona

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "milespaul2004"
<milespaul2004@y...> wrote:
> Hi.
> Can anyone help.
> I have almost finished building a small spark erosion machine to
use
> in my home Model Engineering workshop. I am have a finished but
basic
> prototype working but I wish to modulate the voltage with a PWM
> signal and I am having some difficulty in getting output stage to
> work. I want to use an IRG4PC50KD IGBT to control the 70V DC 30A
> output. Radio Spares Technical said no driver was required but after

several
> failures (I only have four IGBT's left), it seems now that I do
> require a driver circuit but cannot find a great deal of
information
> on them. IXYS do a paper on IGBT drivers and show a device IXDD414
> with what looks like a simple and ideal circuit but there's the
rub.
> I can not find a supply of IXDD414's unless I wish to puchase 1000
> plus and quite frankly I don't have the cash or inclination to do
so.
> There must be someone amongst you clever guys out there who can
help
> me out.
> Has anyone seen a suitable circuit in a book they have if so could
> they email it to me. I want to get this damn machine working for I
> have numerous small jobs for it to do.
>
> Regards
> Paul Miles
> UK

Visit the digi-key website and put in mosfet driver and start to
follow the forms.

There are a few listed on their site.

Also, there are a lot of mosfets out there and you may be able to find
something that will operate on the TTL levels and not need such a high
current to turn on.

I would reccomend that you try some other mosfets in the event you
cannot get these to work.

Dave

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

wanliker@...,
timg@... Moderator: pentam@...
indigo_red@... davemucha@... [Moderators] URL to
this
group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble. http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC
DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........
bill List Mom List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

milespaul2004 2004-05-24 08:11:48 UTC EDM design turbulatordude 2004-05-24 08:25:34 UTC Re: EDM design Jon Elson 2004-05-24 09:38:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM design tomp_tag 2004-05-24 17:40:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM design Bob McKnight 2004-05-24 17:44:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EDM design