CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linux EMC Stepper Motor Driver, which one?

Posted by Lance Hopper
on 2004-06-02 11:33:33 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "wwashington2k" <wwashington@a...> wrote:
> I'm trying to use the BDI version of EMC to control three stepper
> motors. The stepper driver board connects to the parallel port and
> uses the standard 2 signal interface per motor. Is freqmod.o the
> proper driver to use?
>
> Thanks,
> ww2k

Hey,
You can use steppermod or freqmod, freqmod is preferred. Look in
your /usr/local/emc/doc folder for documentation. Also, check out the
.pdf files at www.sherline.com/emc for help in configuring the .ini
file for freqmod. Good luck.

Discussion Thread

wwashington2k 2004-06-02 11:18:32 UTC Linux EMC Stepper Motor Driver, which one? Lance Hopper 2004-06-02 11:33:33 UTC Re: Linux EMC Stepper Motor Driver, which one?