CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: hydraulics with CNC

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2004-06-07 10:40:11 UTC
Hi guys;

Part of the problem is residual pressure/movement. In a pneumatic system the
medium is compressible,which adds to the problem; Liquids don't compress.
What that comes down to, is that when you move the ram, and then cut off the
pressure/flow at the valve, there is still some pressure in the system, which
causes a small but definite additional movement of the ram. This varies with
the resistance the ram sees at various positions within the cylindar, so the
amount of additional movement at any given position can problematic. You can
stop the movement with a brake of some sort, or with valved back pressure, but
this still requires a small amount time to apply the brake, or for the back
pressure to build up to an adequate level. Proportional valves improve the
picture quite a bit, but I wouldn't expect an extreme amount of accuracy from
such a system. This doesn't account for the weight and mass of the table,
workpiece, fixtures, jigs, or whatever else. None of that means that your
machine is useless, but from the discription so far, it sounds like it would
build a better locomotive, than it would a motorcycle.

Bill

--
* *
RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!! * 4-19!

An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! | 1-911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --Jesus Christ

Constitutional Government is dead! LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

Todd W. Syssa 2004-06-06 09:25:55 UTC hydraulics with CNC Alejandro Mugetti 2004-06-06 16:43:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] hydraulics with CNC Jon Elson 2004-06-06 21:53:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] hydraulics with CNC Graham Stabler 2004-06-07 08:18:23 UTC Re: hydraulics with CNC cnc002@a... 2004-06-07 08:33:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: hydraulics with CNC Bill Vance 2004-06-07 10:40:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: hydraulics with CNC Todd W. Syssa 2004-06-07 10:40:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: hydraulics with CNC alex 2004-06-07 10:43:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: hydraulics with CNC josef wagner 2004-06-07 11:28:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: hydraulics with CNC Todd W. Syssa 2004-06-07 17:28:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: hydraulics with CNC