CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tangential movement function design

Posted by Bill Vance
on 2004-06-10 17:41:07 UTC
On Thu Jun 10 15:51:42 2004 kdoney_63021 wrote:

>I need to be able to move my Z axis in a rotary direction to maintain
>a tangential perspective to my X and Y motion. Like putting a pizza
>cutter on my Z axis with a moving table design. I need to move the
>cutter in the proper direction (tangent) to the expected motion.
>
>I tried to avoid this complication by using a free floating drag
>knife design but I need to be able to reverse direction immediately
>and the radius on the drag knife is too large.
>
>I can easily attach a rotary axis to my Z and have the movement
>available but I need a general mathematical function for calculating
>the required angle. I was thinking a simple differential equation
>could output the required tangent but I simply have not been able to
>program the function in C to take into account reversal of direction
>or undefined tangents. The ones I have problems with would be like:
>
>last position x=0 y=0
>current position x = 2 y = 1 current Z angle is 33 degrees
>move to x=2 y = 6
>or
>last position x=0 y=0
>current position x = 2 y = 1 current Z angle is 33 degrees
>move to x = -2 y = -6.
>
>Does anyone have the function(s)? They don't have to be in C.

Howdy;

I don't know what OS youi're running, but if it's Linux, you can us the, "bc",
arbitrary calculator language. You can set up named functions in a file, and
then pipe it the function name and numbers on the command line, calling up the
frunction file there as well. I forget what it's called at the moment, but
there's a RPN version of this, too. Just type, "man bc", <return>, and you'll
get the details.

Bill

--
* *
RKBA! * Blessings on thee, oh Israel!!! * 4-19!

An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured by | All Matter is vibration. | Let he who hath no
weapon in every | by Colt; | --Max Planck | weapon, sell his
hand = Freedom | Dial | In the beginning was the | garment, and buy a
on every side!! | 1-911-A1 | Word. --The Holy Bible | sword. --Jesus Christ

Constitutional Government is dead! LONG LIVE THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

kdoney_63021 2004-06-10 15:51:51 UTC Tangential movement function design Alan Marconett 2004-06-10 17:02:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tangential movement function design Bill Vance 2004-06-10 17:41:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tangential movement function design Art 2004-06-10 19:09:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tangential movement function design Alan Marconett 2004-06-10 19:40:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tangential movement function design ballendo 2004-06-10 23:09:05 UTC Re: Tangential movement function design