CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Software for technical illustrations

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2004-07-09 14:30:34 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ddgman2001" <sheldon@d...>
wrote:
> I'd like to use some of my CAD drawings in an owners manual. Is it
> possible to get the drawings into MS Word or Publisher for page
> layout without them turning into blocky looking bitmaps or jpegs?

There is no need for bitmaps and jpegs to look blocky if used with
Word or Publisher. Use the Print Screen (or ALT-Print Scrn for just
the Window with current focus) to copy your screen view to the
clipboard, size the drawing first to preserve your scaling. In
Vector CAD you can even create a bitmapped screen image (rendered
surfaces for instance) at a defined "high" resolution that will be
retained when the bit map image is pasted into Word.

Word has image editing tools that will allow you to size and crop the
screen print or bit map directly within your document (right click
the image for a menu).

For best display quality, use an OLE enabled CAD program, such as
Vector Cad-Cam. Within Word, use Insert-Object. The actual drawing
as displayed within Vector will then become a seamless part of your
document and you can even set the properties of the object to
automatically update if the drawing is changed, or not.

This works both ways. You can insert or paste an ole object (Word,
Excel, etc.) into Vector, including formated text paragraphs and
spreadsheets.

Fred Smith - IMService
THE source for low cost Cad Cam
Discounts and specials are at http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/hobby

Discussion Thread

ddgman2001 2004-07-09 13:28:26 UTC Software for technical illustrations Michael Milligan 2004-07-09 13:46:23 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Software for technical illustrations Fred Smith 2004-07-09 14:30:34 UTC Re: Software for technical illustrations notoneleft 2004-07-09 15:28:33 UTC Re: Software for technical illustrations Hal Eckhart 2004-07-10 07:15:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Software for technical illustrations Fred Smith 2004-07-10 09:35:21 UTC Re: Software for technical illustrations Hal Eckhart 2004-07-10 10:47:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Software for technical illustrations Fred Smith 2004-07-10 18:56:14 UTC Re: Software for technical illustrations Hal Eckhart 2004-07-11 09:09:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Software for technical illustrations