CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo E-stop circuit

Lance Hopper wrote:

>Hello,
> I need an E-stop circuit for my Gecko servo system. I've been
>looking at Mariss' "servo E-stop circuit" in the files/circuits/misc
>circuits section. I need help figuring out what parts to buy.
>
>There are 2 NC (normally closed) 15A 'contacts' in the upper section
>of the drawing that switch the braking resistor in during E-stop.
>Are these more like relays, or contactors, circuit breakers or what?
>I've done some looking at places like automationdirect.com, and they
>seem to have them as 'inductive' motor starters (some are for
>resistive loads).
>
>What 'device' do I need here (please be specific)? Any
>recomendations on where to get them?
>
>If anybody thinks they have a better 'E-stop circuit' that a non-
>electrical engineer can build, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Yes, I've got one. I wouldn't recommend anyone build this by hand, though.
It has several functions. One is that it senses a fault from any Gecko,
records which Gecko axis faulted, and powers them all down, and connects
a braking resistor. When commanded by the computer, it powers the
Geckos up and resets them. It also has circuitry to power the encoders
separately from the Gecko drives, and to send encoder information to
the drives through opto-isolators. The real purpose of this board was to
allow the computer to read the encoder position directly, while also
using the
Gecko drives as positioning servos.

See http://jelinux.pico-systems.com/gecko.html for more info on this.

Please be patient, I just got hacked into again, and my system is not real
stable.

Lance Hopper 2004-07-15 06:27:50 UTC servo E-stop circuit Andy Wander 2004-07-15 06:51:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo E-stop circuit cnc002@a... 2004-07-15 10:25:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo E-stop circuit Jon Elson 2004-07-16 08:43:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo E-stop circuit